Tank Compliance Inspector
The Tank Compliance Inspector is the focal point of all technical expertise for all HSW(HS)R inspection related activities. We need you to demonstrate compliance with the Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations HSW(HS)R for Stationary Container Systems (above ground storage tanks) as applicable.
Key responsibilities include:
- Regular audit inspections for all above ground storage tanks
- Maintaining inspection reports, documenting the status, condition and components of tanks
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders influencing the HSW(HS)R compliance of the stationary container systems
- Investigation all information requirements pertaining to the certification of the stationary container system and make recommendations to rectify any items/issues via the Inspection Data Management System (IDMS) Inspection Work Request (IWR) process
- Assisting the external HSW(HS)R Compliance Certifier in inspecting the stationary container systems for compliance in accordance with the HSWA schedules in the IDMS, leading to the issuing of a Compliance Certificate for a system
- Assisting the tank inspector in performing external inspections and requesting corrosion monitoring inspections of tanks and associated pipework that forms the stationary container system
- Reporting any non-conformances in relation to HSW(HS)R and manage events to satisfactory close out
- Acting as the focal point for all HSW(HS)R inspection related activities, maintaining current knowledge of relevant regulations and applicable standards
- Assisting the project teams and asset engineering teams to provide fit for purpose design and repair solutions for stationary container system compliance issues with the aim of achieving lowest life cycle costs
The successful applicant will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the fabrication of large above ground storage tanks and piping. Additionally, you will have experience in in-service inspection in a petrochemical environment including tanks. It is essential that you hold a relevant engineering diploma or equivalent, holding API 653 / EEMUA 159 is also preferred. A comprehensive understanding of the HSW(HS) Regulations and Compliance Certification process would be a major advantage.
If you tick the boxes, we would welcome your application.