Asset Engineer - Instrumentation & Electrical
We are refocusing our engineering department and seek an Asset Engineer to provide effective asset management of the company's instrumentation and electrical assets.
The key focus for this position is ensuring compliance, integrity, reliability and asset performance improvement in order to optimise maintenance and engineering costs. We are looking for innovative ways of working to drive improvements in site processes, procedures and practices which deliver a best in class performance in engineering and maintenance. This is a complex job, the successful person will be skilled at managing competing priorities and service providers; the range of work is diverse, as is the degree of concurrent activities.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Encouraging safe behaviours from all employees
- The development of a vision and long-term plan to deliver constant operational availability based around Asset Management Plans
- Ensuring the asset is fully compliant with both NZ legislation requirements and site engineering standards
- Providing direction and leadership to employees within team and Refining NZ
- Promoting our values and a lean culture
- Delivering cost efficiencies and better engineering solutions
The successful applicant will have:
- An Electrical, Mechatronics or Instrumentation Engineering degree and considerable experience
- High voltage experience
- An understanding of Asset Management i.e. ISO 55000
- Experience in maintenance engineering in the refining, petrochemical or heavy manufacturing industry
- Leadership and people management skills
- Safety 'top of mind' in all situations
- General business skills- budgeting and cost management, business planning and project management
- Lean experience and a passion for continuous improvement
This is a key role for Refining NZ, the successful applicant will be supported with a phased transition.