Joint Integrity Inspector
We are searching for a flange safety and quality ambassador- can you do the job? We want to 'up our game' and need someone to promote best practice and manage industry standards onsite.
Essentially you will be responsible for ensuring an effective Joint Integrity (Flange Management) system is implemented and maintained across all assets at Refining NZ.
This is a newly created role, with a focus on:
- Working alongside operations to develop 'spade lists' and isolation boundaries, including comprehensive records of 'breaking' and reinstatement of flanged and/or mechanical connections
- Analysis of current internal procedures compared to industry 'best practice', producing recommendations for change where applicable
- Setting clear expectations on joint integrity and mentoring and coaching to ensure appropriate competencies are managed and maintained
- Managing inspection of flange related spool fabrication, erection, flange assembly and tightening, in accordance with Refining NZ procedures and specifications
- Performing regular process review audits (PRA's) on Joint Integrity Management
- Assisting to resolve Joint Integrity non-conformances (NCR's)
The successful applicant will hold a trade certificate (mechanical or piping) and have a background in the mechanical engineering field. Experience in torqueing and bolt tensioning is desired, as well as a sound understanding of bolted joint materials including gaskets, bolting and flange materials. Having experience with weld inspection would be advantageous.
Most importantly you will have a conscientious and detailed approach, and above all else have the interpersonal skills to get alongside people.
Sound like you? Apply today.