Trainee Pressure Equipment Inspector
We are seeking a trainee to work alongside our experienced Inspectors. This is a great career opportunity for a practical, hands-on person. This will be a busy and challenging role, you will be well supported and guided while you gain skills and qualifications to become a competent Refinery Pressure Equipment Inspector.
You will help the Inspection team maintain plant reliability and integrity by developing and optimising inspection programmes.
Through a tailored training program you will:
- Obtain your welding inspection certification so that you understand fabrication inspection processes including pressure equipment, piping and tanks
- Obtain your Pressure Equipment certifications recognised by IANZ
- Understand quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) relating to the integrity of pressure equipment, piping and tanks
- Understand the various Non Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques and interpretation applicable to fabrication inspection
- Learn how to develop and implement mechanical inspection strategies, based on risk based inspection (RBI) techniques, for pressure equipment, piping and tanks
- Learning best practice corrosion monitoring
- Gain confidence producing inspection reports, and making remedial recommendations
- Understand what is required to issue a Certificate of Inspection in accordance with PECPR and Inspection Body requirements, for pressure equipment, including piping
The successful applicant will have a trade certificate or engineering diploma with an interest in inspection within a high hazard site. Knowledge of condition based inspection and monitoring; and the ability to interpret engineering and Inspection drawings would be an advantage.
If you are looking for a developmental role within a strong knowledgeable team, apply today.