We are looking for a leader to implement and maintain an effective Engineering Quality Management System (QMS). All relevant work disciplines need to be covered, including mechanical, instrument and electrical, civil/structural and coatings. The aim is to ensure a consistent quality product is delivered to Refining NZ by the onsite and offsite contractors.
The role will provide onsite quality assurance of inspection and reporting of quality controlled mechanical fabrication activities. We need assurance implementation is in accordance with Refining NZ Procedures, Work Instructions and Statutory requirements. For other disciplines the Quality Controller shall ensure that quality assurance tasks are being carried out by the relevant technical specialists in that discipline in accordance with the QMS.
The successful applicant will:
- Have well developed interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate problem solving with working groups and influence to maintain continuous improvement
- Ensure a consistent detailed QMS is developed, implemented and maintained for each work discipline
- Develop a quality assurance & control plan and provide a quality assurance service both onsite and offsite
- Carry out regular audits
- Ensure offsite suppliers and manufacturers engaged to complete work are supplied and understand the QMS requirements
- Review and approve contractor quality plans, procedures and qualifications for each job
- Be expected to do some hands on fabrication inspection
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A thorough understanding of the development, implementation and maintenance of QMS systems within heavy industry manufacture & supply
- At least five years' experience in the application of QA/QC systems within heavy industry
- A sound understanding of regulatory requirements for pressure equipment & tanks
- A Trade or Advanced Trade in welding fabrication
- Your CBIP Welding Inspector certificate
- Familiarity with welding fabrication codes e.g. ASME, AWS, BSS, API
- A comprehensive understanding of Regulatory requirements within heavy industry with relation to pressure equipment, and a general understanding of civil/structural & I&E
- An understanding of the application of N.D.T. techniques
If you tick these boxes, apply today.