Civil Engineering Graduate
We have a role to play in a sustainable energy future for New Zealand
Entry level role
We are a company with a history of project delivery to improve our profitability and efficiency, we recently invested in a Continuous Catalyst Regeneration Platformer to replace the existing petrol-making plant- the $365 million project is known as Te Mahi Hou. We are now exploring strategies to create better energy choices for New Zealand to help achieve the goal of net zero carbon emissions.
As a Civil Engineering graduate your focus is technical support to civil maintenance activities and minor projects. Your prime focus is assuring asset integrity and structural reliability. Essentially, we need great ideas from you to minimise operating costs while maintaining technical and commercial performance with high regard for health, safety and our environment.
As New Zealand's only refinery this is a unique opportunity to join the team and work with experienced professionals to gain high quality knowledge and experience within the petrochemical industry. You will be working with a talented team to maintain and improve the plant. As your confidence grows, you will be responsible for scoping the problem, designing a solution, preparing a budget, ordering components, and engaging contractors to complete the works and commissioning the project.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Civil Engineering degree
- Innovative thinking
- An interest in the petrochemical industry
- Good problem solving skills
- The ability to demonstrate sound fact-based decision making
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to learn and develop
- Self-motivation and initiative
- A "winning together" attitude
Successful applicants will be offered a four year fixed term agreement.
As a graduate engineer you can expect:
- Real-world experience in a unique engineering environment
- To have a line manager who will work closely with you to develop your career path
- Encouragement and support from experienced professionals
To get your professional engineering career off to the very best start, apply today.