We have a role to play in a sustainable energy future for New Zealand!
Entry level role
We are a company with a history of project delivery to improve our profitability and efficiency, we recently invested in a Continuous Catalyst Regeneration Platformer to replace the existing petrol-making plant- the $365 million project is known as Te Mahi Hou. We are now exploring strategies to create better energy choices for New Zealand to help achieve the goal of net zero carbon emissions- come help us on our journey.
Our Mechanical Grad's gain valuable career experience working on a wide variety of plant improvement projects, in new Zealand biggest high hazard facility. As your confidence grows, you will be responsible for scoping the problem, designing a solution, preparing a budget, ordering components, and engaging contractors to complete the works and commissioning the project.
Your level of responsibility will increase as your experience and expertise develops. You will be working with a talented team to maintain and improve the plant. Therefore, we are looking for people to bring innovative thinking through evaluating new technology and improving our processes to uphold our reliability reputation.
As New Zealand's only oil refinery this is a unique opportunity to join the team and work with experienced professionals to gain high quality knowledge and industry experience.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Mechanical Engineering degree
- An interest in the petrochemical industry
- Good problem solving skills
- The ability to demonstrate sound fact-based decision making
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to learn and develop
- Self-motivation and initiative
- A "winning together" attitude
Successful applicants will be offered a four year fixed term agreement.
As a graduate engineer you can expect:
- Real-world experience in a unique mechanical engineering environment
- To have a line manager who will work closely with you to develop your career path
- Encouragement and support from experienced professionals towards attaining professional registration
To get your professional engineering career off to the very best start, apply today.