The Occupational Hygienist role enables Refining NZ to clearly understand and manage the occupational health and hygiene risks employees and contractors are exposed to as a result of the refining processes and engineering activities that take place onsite.
The role is responsible for generating plans to enable Refining NZ to respond and effectively control the risk to the health of our employees, arising from both acute and chronic exposure to hazards.
The successful applicant will exhibit the following attributes:
- Effective leadership - able to work as a team member and autonomously when required
- The ability to identify and recommend appropriate and applicable conformance standards, legal requirements and industry best practice
- The ability to plan, oversee and conduct the technical aspects of an occupational hygiene program
- Ability to plan and undertake health surveys and evaluations within the workplace
- Skilled at assessing risk to health arising from hazards in the work place
- Ability to deliver health and hygiene training material
- General knowledge of work place safety
You will need to be a degree qualified Occupational Hygienist and have well-developed:
- Technical and professional knowledge
- Decision making skills
- Computer literacy including report writing - Word and Excel ability
Experience working in a heavy manufacturing industry would be advantageous.
If you are looking for a challenge, apply today!