Mechanical Graduate x2
As a graduate you will gain valuable career experience by working on a wide variety of plant improvement projects, maintenance and reliability activities, from concept through to commissioning. As your confidence grows, you will be responsible for scoping the problem, designing a solution, preparing a budget, ordering components, and engaging contractors to complete the works and commissioning the project.
Your level of responsibility will increase as your experience and expertise develops. You will be working with a talented team to maintain and improve the plant. Therefore, we are looking for people to bring innovative thinking through evaluating new technology and improving our processes to uphold our reliability reputation.
As New Zealand's only oil refinery this is a unique opportunity to join the team and work with experienced professionals to gain high quality knowledge and experience within the petrochemical industry.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Mechanical Engineering degree
- Respectable grades
- An interest in the petrochemical industry
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound fact-based decision making
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to learn and develop
- Self-motivation and initiative
- A "winning together" attitude
New graduates as well as applicants with 1-2 years' experience will be considered. Successful applicants will be offered a four year fixed term agreement.
As a graduate engineer you can expect:
- Real-world experience in a unique mechanical engineering environment
- To have a line manager who will work closely with you to develop your career path
- Encouragement and support from experienced professionals towards attaining professional registration e.g. IPENZ
- Opportunities to move into other areas and work on projects
To get your professional engineering career off to the very best start, apply today.